POLITICS Former Vice President Joe Biden’s life story and his speech at the 2020 DNC convention BUSINESS 100 million investment gives Maine’s floating offshore wind turbine project a second wind SCIENCE RGGI, the northeast region’s cap-n-trade auction program, improves health outcomes and brings in billions COMMUNITY 1 million for Maine renewable energy systems for 3 business, farms and organizations awarded […]
Dr. Dagher’s team at UMaine awarded over $3.2 Million for composite building research for military
The law on Election Day voting, Attorney General of the State of Maine General of Maine
- Does the law prohibit private citizens from intimidating voters at the polls? Yes.
- Are there limits on the number of people who can be at the polling place at any one time? Yes.
- Can the President send the military and/or federal law enforcement to monitor the polls? No.
- Can the President order state and local law enforcement officials to monitor the polls? No.
- Are there permissible forms of election observation and monitoring? Yes. More
During 2020 record drought, 135 Maine farmers sign climate letter delivered to the House Select CommitteeBy Ramona du Houx Following two months of severe drought, the United States Department of Agriculture deemed Aroostook County a drought disaster area in September. . . With the lack of rainfall, the streamflow and groundwater go down and wells dry up and crops suffer, unless irrigation equipment has been installed. But for the majority of farms in Maine, that’s a financial burden they can’t mount. More